Monday, July 6, 2009

pre-pre-alpha

here it is. the first release of phpdfs.

http://code.google.com/p/phpdfs/downloads/list

This is the first release and I would not call it ready for production, but it certainly is ready for some pounding. which is exactly what I intend to do.

now that this first release is out, I am going to be focusing on:
  • improving the tests. currently there are tests for the core algorithm but not much else. I want to add tests not only for the main PHPDFS class but also to prove that the system and the code will actually do what it says it does. This will include empirical tests that will show the distribution is correct and that an optimal (minimal) amount of data is moved when new resources are added (new servers)

  • improving and generating documentation.

as things go forward, I will be putting together scaling, maintenance, and performance guides and posting them here.

If anybody happens to read this blog and downloads phpdfs and tries it out, please give me any feedback that you might have.

peace mi amigos y amigas,

-Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment